Club Literati attempts to bring people together on a common platform and engage them in a variety of interests ranging from literature, art, culture, education to contemporary issues. It aims at supporting literature beyond academic boundaries, and creates and refreshes interest in the interminable joys of creative experience. It is a forum where people of different age groups from a wide spectrum of society exchange views on varied issues without the barriers of language and region, and share fresh perspectives on world class literature, art and other formidable issues at large.
For youngsters Club Literati has a special significance- to wean them away from the excesses of technology with an invitation to ‘face’ the book alongside ‘facebook’ and to help them experience the boundless pleasures of making a book their ‘real companion’ and not just a ‘virtual friend’! Another dimension of the Club is to initiate the lesser privileged and special children into the amazing arena of books and art to boost their creative aptitude.
- Involve people from a wide spectrum of society in literary and other creative pursuits
- Study, share and celebrate works by great authors
- Staging of plays
- Contemporize classical literatures
- Rendition of poetic and musical compositions
- Invite writers, poets and artists for talks
- Organize workshops to nurture creative skills
- Engage the lesser privileged children in creative learning through pro bono efforts
- Book Reading and Reviews
- Movie Screening